A few days ago, my friends and I had a painting party, where we all just sat sat in the garage on folding chairs around a brown folding table and painted with watercolors and acrylics on our folding table.
I drew a foal out of a calendar and then painted it. Somewhere along the drawing/painting process, it became a horse since the proportions were more horsey than like a foal’s. I painted clouds, but I don’t really like them there. I tried to make it more orangey so it would give the look of a horse basking in the sun, but then I ran out of orange. I had to mix a lot to get the right colors because we only had the primaries, black, white and brown.
My friend D painted a horse too. Her reference also came out of that horse calendar. She accidentally smeared the eye and had to redo it, but it turned out well in the end.
And that’s what I spent my evening hours doing! I had a lot of fun!